Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blog Post 1

     Hello all. My name is Christopher Reindl. I am 26 years old and currently live on Dauphin Island in Alabama. I was born in Mobile and lived here until I graduated from Alma Bryant High School in 2003. I then began college at the University of North Alabama in Florence, Al. I attended school there until 2006 when my daughter Valerie was born. I then withdrew from classes and took on raising my daughter alone.

     When Valerie started school last year I found myself with the time to return to college. I started at the University of South Alabama in the Fall of 2009 to complete schooling to become a history teacher. I have always wanted to be a teacher. Originally, I wanted to be a music teacher, but I fell in love with history. I love to go fishing and swimming. I work as a manager at a local auto parts store. My hope is to finish school by the Spring of 2013.


 Randy Pausch on Time Management


     I just finished watching Randy Pausch's video on time management. In the video he gives great advice on different ways to manage your time and reduce your stress. Simply by making lists and keeping better track of your goals, one can truly make strides into their personal time management. I feel better about my own shortcomings with time management after applying some of his quick time saving tips to my own life. I sincerely recommend this video to anyone feeling a little green after their first week back at school.


2 comments:

  1. This video gave me a lot of helpful tips as well. Usually during the first week or two of school I am motivated and keep things organized in my planner, but when the semester goes on i guess I get lazy with it and start my procrastination. I think that with this EDM310 class we will have to keep up and manage our time wisely or we will be back in here next semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A single parent Dad. Rare in EDM310. A lot of single parent Moms. You are maybe the first Dad.

    Did you search for any additional information about Dr. Pausch?

    ReplyDelete