Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blog Post 4


Podcasting

     Today I listened to a podcast named Integrating ICT into the MFL Classroom. In it Joe Dale tells us the benefits of bringing podcasts into the classroom. He goes on to point out that the students that we will encounter today have never lived a life without technology. The amount of time that they devote to texting on their phone and watching television is mind-boggling. We learn rather quickly that students can understand and use podcast technology to enhance their learning experiences.

    I then took a look at Eagles' Nest Radio & Class Blog. On this site we see wonderful examples of podcast use in the classroom. While listening to these children it is hard to believe that they are only in the third grade. The amount of creativity and self confidence that is instilled into these children is off the charts. I also took a look at Langwitches Blog. On this site one can watch first grade students utilize podcast technology to teach themselves and their peers. 

2 comments:

  1. Christopher, I think you did a quality job with blog post #4. I agree with you that students learn very quickly and can pick up the necessary skills in a jiffy. But with all the time they are spending on the computer already I am not sure I want to be one of those kids who has to learn about more "computer" stuff. I also liked the Eagle's Nest Radio and Class Blog. It put me in a very chill mood.
    Keith Tardibuono

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was your reaction to the third part of the assignment. A bare minimum. I hoped these have helped you prepare for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete