Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blog Post 7



Randy Paush Last Lecture

     Today I watched the moving last lecture of Randy Paush. In it he said, "When you are screwing up and no one cares to tell you anymore, that means they gave up." From that moment I knew I should sit and listen to this great man. Paush has truly been a guiding light in the field of technology and his contributions of Alice into schools around the world can still be seen today. He saw what was coming and gave his life to the pursuit of his dreams and helping other to achieve theirs as well.

     The lessons on life that Paush gives during the lecture will not soon be forgotten. He said, "If you live the best you can your dreams will come to you." I believe that if you give everything in all your pursuits you truly have lived a good life. We can never forget how short our time on this earth is, so we must live our lives to the fullest and be the best we can be while we are here.

     I for one have hit my share of brick walls. Paush talks about how we must not let them stop us. Life is a long and forked road. Whatever path you forge will become the legacy you leave. In this technological world we have this opportunity. I hope that I can live up to the expectations of men like Randy Paush. The world is a better place because of him.

     From this video I am left feeling a bit bewildered. I wonder if I will be remembered and if I can leave a positive mark on the world. I am left hoping that I can break through the walls and continue to follow my dreams. I am left wondering if I can be a good and technological teacher. Then I wonder if I will be able to enable other to obtain their dream. Only time will tell.    

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris! I'm sitting right next to you! This video was definitely a wake up call for me. He has done so much in his life and I wonder if I were given a short amount of time left, would I fill like I've done enough with my life? He brings up so many good points. Especially his quote "When you are screwing up and no one cares to tell you anymore, that means they gave up." This is the quote that I will remember my entire teaching career.
    I really enjoyed your post! Thank you for keeping your blog up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your best. Set the bar high. Don't worry about the rest.

    ReplyDelete