Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog Post 9


"What I Have Learned This Year 2008-2009"

     I recently read Mr. McClung's blog post "What I Have Learned This Year". In it we read one teacher's reflections on his first year teaching. He said in the article that it was hard for him to give up on his perfect lesson plans at first, but he realized that the most important thing was going with the flow and teaching for his students. It is difficult to change your way of thinking but we must always be learning.

     We as prospective teachers must realize how important it is to understand our charges and help them comprehend and hopefully retain the information given to them. It is the purpose of teachers to help students to become better learners. I certainly agree that we can not expect our students to learn if we will not. We must allow ourselves to embrace technology and give our all to our profession.


"What I Have Learned This Year 2009-2010"

     I recently read Mr. McClung's second blog post "What I Have Learned This Year". In it we read about a man in transition. McClung has finished his second year of teaching. In his first dispatch, he felt at home with his students and his first school. In this second dispatch, he felt that he had many shortcomings and wants to do better. He said that his second year was a very humbling experience.

     Though disheartened a bit, McClung remembered his core reason for being a teacher. His students are first and foremost the most important aspect of his job. Though he encounters strife with the administration, he does his best to give his best in the classroom. Students encounter some much in their lives that they need teachers to be their rock. They need to know that we have the answers and are available to help them. We have to develop as teachers just as we expect our students to develop into good learners.

  
"What I Have Learned This Year 2010-2011"

     I just finished reading Mr. McClung's third blog post "What I Have Learned This Year". In it we read about a teacher that is finally finding his stride in the classroom. He has implemented technology into his lessons and has become more prone to help his school on his own time. He has never lost sight of his goals. His students are better for it and he now has the ability to focus on what is truly important, the good of his students.

     I never thought about all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes for the 21st century teacher. So much time is devoted to planning and scheduling. Students don't care about any of that. We must be consistent in our time management and allocate enough time to be the teachers we aspire to be. Our students will demand our best and we must be prepared to give our all. If we don't...What is the point?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christopher,
    I enjoyed your blog post. I feel like this blog post lets me know that you're always learning as a teacher. My personal favorite out of the two was his first year. I also really like the style of you blog post writing.
    Good Luck :)

    -Amanda Ellenburg

    ReplyDelete